Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Taste of Things to Come


As school resumes tomorrow, I have to admit that I'm happy to return to our regular schedule.

This has been somewhat of a different holiday for me. Starting the day after Christmas, the three older kids were gone for several days. Krissia spent a week in Price, while Jefferson spent 4 days there. Bronson spent a couple of nights in Cedar City with a friend before heading to Provo overnight for a church activity.

When people ask how my holidays were, I have to reply "quiet and lonely". I really struggled with having most of my children absent for such a long period of time.

Yet, with Bronson graduating this year, it won't be long before my birds start leaving their nest. Before I know it, our oldest three children will be gone.

Thank goodness we have this little guy to spare us from becoming "empty nesters" at too early of an age:

I just hope that he likes his parents, because it's going to be just the three of us for a very long time!

7 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

You always have the cutest pics of Mathison! It really would be odd if you hadn't had Mat and you would have been in your early 40's with no kids at home!

McKay Missy and Boys said...

It sounds a little lonely.... Your kids have grown so fast!

Jennifer said...

Kim--I loved looking at part of your blog this morning. I'm so glad you posted it on the class website. Your family looks amazing and you are clearly very proud of them all....as you should be. :) Hopefully we'll bump into each other again soon! Jen (Christensen) Parker

The Andra Family said...

If it makes me sad to hear/see it with your family, I can't imagine how I'll be when it happens to my own! At least your closer to family now, which should help feel the void through the transition.

Neil and Kimberly said...

What a good looking group! It was good to see you and talk to you at the Jazz game. Sorry I have been so behind the times...a lot has happened that I didn't know about. Looks like your doing well and things are good. Keep in touch.

Dolly said...

Hey Kim- Happy New Year from the Roy Family back in Cedar! Love your family pictures-♥ We sure miss you guys!

Brookey said...

Disneyland at Christmas is my very favorite. Your family is a tornado of activity. I wonder if it the "teen" thing that makes it crazier? I at least still feel in control. Yikes, something to look forward to I guess. Your new home looks beautiful, we are so happy your family is closer. We need to grab Jennie and go to lunch sometime. Would love to see you.