Saturday, January 24, 2009

Stellar Debator, Super Speller

Sorry for the brief absence of blogs. It's not as if we've had nothing to report; on the contrary, things have been really hectic this week! Also, our computer broke down a few days ago....I'm using my mother-in-law's to make this post :)


Debate season for Desert Hills High School began the first part of January. Bronson has been looking forward to this opportunity of showcasing his debate skills, and he proved that he can still sway the judges. Bronson debated in his first meet last weekend, where he was one of only two debaters who went undefeated in all four rounds. Bronson's efforts earned him another medal to add to his collection, and he's looking forward to his upcoming debates.

Now, for our next star:

Okay, I don't know that this next story showcases any special talent Mathison has, but it sure was cute!

I had pulled into Wal-Mart last week, with Mathison tagging along in the back seat. As I was looking for a place to park, I could hear Mathison reciting the letters written on the storefront.

"W-A-L-M-A-R-T spells......shopping!" Mathison declared happily as I turned off the van.

I guess for this Beatty family, it does :)

5 comments:

Denise said...

LOL! I think it spells the same thing for ALL Beatty family.

Holy cow, that's cute!

The Jones Fam said...

Good job Bronson! Your family is defintely very talented. I think it's very impressive that a 2 year old knows all of his letters by sight. I'm just getting there with Jaylee. Also, it's such a cute story!

Seth and Emry Gubler said...

Way to go Bronson! It's good to hear about your accomplishments! I (Emry)was an orator for my debate team. It is not a "sport" many people attend, but I think debate is one of the best things you can do with your mind.

The Andra Family said...

We love having your family live closer. It was fun hanging out this weekend.

Photo Crazy! said...

Great job Bronson. I remember going with my sister to a high school debate...it was soooo hard.
Mathison is to cute!