Friday, January 16, 2009

Sign Me Up

In professional basketball, there's the NBA and WNBA.

How about adding the OWNBA?

The "Old Women's National Basketball Association".

Last night, I played my first game of "real" basketball in at least eight years as part of a women's church league. As the game progressed, it all began coming back to me. I dribbled. I passed. I rebounded. I scored. I stole a couple of passes. I even took a charge. I wasn't the star of the game, but I certainly didn't embarrass myself (my biggest fear before the game began).

So, if the OWNBA ever materializes, sign me up.

Based on the way I'm hobbling about today, it might need to be the wheelchair division :)

5 comments:

Denise said...

LOL! You've still got it Kim...too bad having it comes at such a high cost!

Photo Crazy! said...

How fun. I have only cheered for b.b. So if you start then I can join the ocoa (old cheerleaders of america). I got 1/2 of your quiz answers right. Matt looks so cute in his cast. I hope all goes well. Jenna would be very frustrated also. Happy New Year!

The Andra Family said...

Come to my class, we'll toughen you up. j/k I'll bet you definitely held your own. What's the status on Mathison?

The Jones Fam said...

I'm sure you were great! What a fun program. I don't think I would ever sign up, because I WOULD embarass myself.

The Beatty Beehive said...

You should've seen my awesome steal and layup a few years ago. I'll let Rick tell the story because he happened to walk in right when it happened with the entire priest quorum... he couldn't breath for at least 30 minutes because he was laughing so hard! Memorable!!! (to say the least)