Sunday, June 19, 2011

She Has What it Takes

What is a good Miss Washington County made of?

First, she must be presentable in the production number:

Then, simply stunning in her swimsuit:


It helps to be terrific in talent:


She must be intelligent in interview:

And finally, she should look elegant in an evening gown:



The judges must have agreed with my assessment, because last Saturday night...


Krissia was crowned as the new Miss Washington County!!

She did so well and we are very proud of our daughter.  Krissia had a lot of friends and family there supporting her; even her three brothers came to watch their sister:


Something which made the night even more special is that there were five title holders - past and present - from the same family in attendance.  My mother, myself, and two of my sisters (Nicole and Shawnee) have also won the Miss Washington County crown.  Here we are - three generations and five winners from the same family:

I think it's something special!

We look forward to a busy year supporting Krissia in this adventure and can hardly wait to cheer her on at Miss Utah next summer :)

7 comments:

Tara said...

That is awesome! I wish I would have known she was trying out and to come watch. I'll bet that Krissia was amazing!

Denise said...

congratulations krissia! you are amazing. and you are going to take miss utah by storm!

Colleen said...

She is such a doll I bet she did wonderful. Next time let us know I would have loved to see her!!! Congratulations-

Shawnee and Tyson said...

That was so much fun! I literally jumped out of my seat when they announced her as the new Miss WCF! Yay Krissia!

The Andra Family said...

Loved watching her. I was so proud!

The Jones Fam said...

I am so sad I missed this! I totally would have tried to come and watch :( But I too am so proud of her! Everyone said she did awesome :)

Matt, Kim, Barrick and Jakey Boy! said...

Congrats Krissia! That is so awesome! It looks like the four of you in last pic could still compete and win! Mom might need one of her glamour wigs though.