Sunday, March 20, 2011

My First 10k

I competed in my first 10k yesterday!

The family was there to cheer me on at the finish line:

(the redheaded girl is Krissia's friend, Heather)

The morning was overcast and cool, but not too windy; perfect for running. I set a goal time of 56:00 minutes, which averages out to be about a 9:20 minute mile.  I finished in 52:47 - well under my goal time!  Overall, I placed 13th in my age group (43 runners) and 294th overall out of 800 competitors...as you can tell, I was pretty happy with my performance:


Del arranged for me to get a massage a few hours later, and that's really helped me not be too sore.  Thanks, honey :)

I had a great time and definitely plan to do it again!

3 comments:

Val said...

You are AWESOME! Way to go!!!

The Jones Fam said...

That's great! Seems like I'm one of the few Gubler Gals that didn't get the running gene.

Matt, Kim, Barrick and Jakey Boy! said...

Congrats on killing your time you wanted to get under. Pretty good for a ?0-year-old!