Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Man


This is a tag from Denise (I won't say how long ago!), and I pass it along to any of you who would like to post about your special guy.

1. Where did you meet?
In the "Sound of Music" - he was 13, I was 9!

2. How long did you date before you got married?
One year and one week.

3. How long have you been married?
Almost 18 1/2 years (Wow)

4. What is your favorite feature?
I have two....his incredibly blue eyes and cute behind :)

5. What is your favorite quality he has?
Again, I have two: his passion for life and selfless giving of his time to help others.

6. Does he have a nickname for you?
Del sometimes calls me "Hon" or "Wimb"

7. What is his favorite color?
Blue

8. What is his favorite food?
Pretty much anything other than seafood; heaven help us if we ever move to the East Coast!

9. What is his favorite sport?
Del enjoys watching football and playing racquetball and tennis.

10. When and where was your first kiss?
It was at the end of our third date. We'd just finished watching "The Princess Bride" in the front room of my parents' house.

11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?
We enjoy going out to dinner or watching movies/theater together. Some of my favorite times I have spent with my husband is when just the two of us are taking a long trip together in the car and spend the entire time talking.

12. Do you have any children?
Yes, four. We started out wanting seven and thought for a long time we'd have to be content with three.

13. Does he have a hidden talent?
Yes! Del can gobble and shake his cheeks and neck just like a turkey :)

14. How old is he?
Four years older than I am, LOL.

15. Who said "I Love You" first?
Del did. Actually, he played a song that said it for him.

16. What is his favorite type of music?
Del enjoys most types, but especially enjoys Broadway and 70's icons like Barry Manilow and the Carpenters (sorry honey...had to tell the truth on this one!)

17. What do you admire most about him?
There are so many things to admire about him, but two things that come to mind are his eternal optimism and loyalty to family.

18. Will he read this?
I sure hope so....I love you, honey!!!!

4 comments:

Denise said...

Great post Kim! Love this!!!

I am especially looking forward to watching DEl gobble the next time we see him.

McKay Missy and Boys said...

Wow, It's crazy to think that you two have been married for 18 1/2 yrs.

The Andra Family said...

Fun to read. I still remember when you guys were dating, we took a trip to Vegas (I think we were headed to Wet and Wild) but we ended up stranded with a broken down car and DEl entertained us in a small cafe till we were able to get a ride home.

Sean & Lacey said...

Hey Kim, looks like you guys are doing good! What a cute family, I'm so glad that so many cousins have blogs, it's a fun way to keep in touch! Ours is private but email me and I'll add you, laceystanley@hotmail.com