Monday, October 13, 2008

What's Wrong With Me??

We've officially been in our new house two weeks. Although we're definitely not living out of boxes anymore, we're far from being moved in.

What the heck is going on??

I'm normally a pretty organized person. Yet, despite my best efforts the unpacking is not as smooth or as fast as other times we've moved. This mystery has both perplexed and frustrated me as I examine the boxes and clutter that has yet to find their place in our home. As I was pondering my dilemma once again last Friday, it suddenly hit me.

This has been my problem:


This is the first time I've had to make a move with a mobile, curious, into everything, high maintenance toddler. Last year, Mathison wasn't even crawling yet when we moved. In years past, my kids have been older - making it much easier.

Case solved. Although it calms me somewhat to know that my organizational skills aren't totally kaput, I heave a huge sigh of exasperation each time I watch my toddler do some "unpacking" of his own yet again.

4 comments:

Seth and Emry Gubler said...

I'm really glad Mathison is keeping his blonde hair. He's a cute kid.

The Andra Family said...

I love that picture. I too am receiving those a-hah moments with Cole.

The Jones Fam said...

Cute pic of Mathison eating ice-cream! It's amazing how much one little person can demand of us!

Shawnee and Tyson said...

Well at least you HAVE organizational skills - despite them being interrupted by a toddler - some of us don't have ANY excuse..... ;)