Tuesday, October 4, 2011

September Recap

Wow, it's time for some major catching up!

We were without internet for almost two weeks at the beginning of September, and I had just started a new job (details below) which is the excuse for my extended absence.  However, my conscience (and a few comments from siblings) finally got the best of me...so I've returned.

Lucky you :)

Anyway, here are a few things the Beatty family has been up to lately:


Jefferson took first place in "swing" at a Las Vegas ballroom competition:


The Beatty "mini" family reunion held at Paulette's house:








Supporting Krissia in various parades:



Watching football games:



Attending a premiere at "Docutah"



Having fun at the town square:


As I mentioned above, Mathison and I started preschool at the end of August.  He is attending Barefoot Montessori Preschool, where I am a "sensorial" teacher in the afternoons.  Working outside the home after so many years has been a hard adjustment for me, but I'm doing this so I am available to help Mathison cope in a more "normal" school setting.  For those of you who don't know, Mathison was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome a few years ago.  Fortunately, he is very high functioning - and very smart - but tends to have problems with sensory overload, anxiety, and a compulsive need for routine.  I am happy to report that he's done fairly well so far, with only a few truly "off" days.

Well, that's about all I can think of to share about our past 6 weeks - cheerio, ta ta, and all that good stuff!

4 comments:

The Andra Family said...

Most all of your re-cap was news to me. Thanks for catching up.

Shawnee and Tyson said...

Yay! Thanks for the update :) I think it's great you are doing the pre-school thing with Mathison. It must be really hard to have those 'Off' days. It was fun seeing you and your family on Sunday! You are looking great! I swear, you don't age at all! :)

The Jones Fam said...

I'm glad to see you are back! I wondered if you had hopped of the blogging bandwagon...

Matt, Kim, Barrick and Jakey Boy! said...

Looks like you and your family are staying busy as usual. Sounds like Mat is surviving preschool. Fun Fun.