Monday, June 7, 2010

Monkey See, Monkey Do



Mathison has a great memory and can often quote scenes from television shows he's seen only one or two times. Lately, he's also been "acting" out some of those scenes.

This seemed harmless enough - until today.

Mathison, Krissia, and I were shopping at Deseret Industries. Mathison was hiding in the clothing racks, and every once in a while he'd jump out and "scare" us. Suddenly, I realized he hadn't jumped out in a while and wondered what he was up to.

It didn't take me long to find out.

"I'm changing my underwear, Mom!" he shouted as he exited the rack...without his pants on. Luckily, he hadn't taken off his pull-ups yet at that point. I thought Krissia was going to pass out, she was laughing so hard.

After I put his shorts and shoes back on, I asked Mathison why he had taken his clothes off in the store.

"Do you remember the time when Max and Ruby were in the store and Max runs out of the dressing room and surprises Ruby?" he answered. "That's what I was doing."

Yes, I remember that episode. Max the bunny actually comes out of the dressing room without one stitch of clothing on. I guess I should feel lucky it was only shoes and shorts that my young son ditched....and nothing more :)

4 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

Max likes to get into a lot of mischief in that show. You better hope Mat decides not to keep imitating him :) Cute story!

Shawnee and Tyson said...

I always knew that show was bad news :) Cute little Mathison!

McKay Missy and Boys said...

My kids loved Max and Ruby and can still be caught watching it every once in a while.

I love the pic you took of Sophia smiling.

Matt, Kim, Barrick and Jakey Boy! said...

I guess it won't be long until I know who 'max and ruby' are. Cute story.